Carpets, vinyl, laminate, wood and the different installation considerations
Simply Carpets & Flooring is a family-run business with showrooms in Farnborough, Hampshire and Camberley, Surrey. We are proud to offer a broad range of quality carpet, vinyl, laminate and wood flooring products to both homeowners and tradespeople.
Installation considerations for carpets, laminate, wood and vinyl flooring
For many homeowners, installing flooring can be a daunting prospect. Unless you are a competent DIY-er, with the correct tools and plenty of patience and time on your hands, in the majority of cases, we would recommend the services of a professional fitter to ensure that a perfect result is achieved with your new flooring.
There are many considerations to be made and the methods and techniques involved in installing flooring can be fairly complex and require both skill and precision, for example, these problems can arise:
- Carpets can prove challenging, especially if the size of the roll needs to be manoeuvred in a limited workspace. Common problems with carpet include ripples and air pockets.
- If laminate flooring is installed on a weak, damp or uneven subfloor then the new flooring will become compromised and will eventually buckle and become damaged or warped.
- Solid or engineered wood flooring can be badly impacted by the presence of moisture, an ill-prepared sub-floor and poor jointing, and it's not worth taking shortcuts.
- Badly installed vinyl flooring can develop unsightly air bubbles and if the subfloor is not prepared correctly then this can also cause problems to the finished surface.
Simply Carpets & Flooring: for an installation service you can trust
In addition to our extensive selection of premium flooring products we also offer a full and professional installation service which extends to the following:
- Sub-floor preparation, where required
- Door easing
- Skirting board and kickboard removal and replacement
- Furniture removal and replacement
- Uplift and disposal of existing unwanted floor
- Weekend and/or evening installation
- Carpet binding and whipping
- Amtico and Karndean restoration services
- Engineered wood and solid wood restoration
- Carpet and upholstery restoration and cleaning
- Stainguard™ carpet and fabric protector
- A full carpentry service
Heading up our installation team is Ronnie, who has been in the flooring industry for over 20 years and can fit all types of product from carpets to laminate flooring, engineered and solid wood and vinyl. With years of experience combined with expert skill and an eye for detail, Ronnie is more than happy to give you his professional opinion on what works best for your home and room. For your absolute peace of mind, our tradesmen are fully insured
For flooring of distinction, think Simply Carpets & Flooring
With our wide-ranging selection of superb flooring – spanning carpet, vinyl flooring, laminate, engineered and solid wood – and our skilled team of fitters you couldn't be in better hands.
We welcome homeowners and tradespeople to view the displays at our spacious showrooms at Farnborough North Camp and Camberley, Surrey or alternatively please call and speak to a friendly member of the Simply Carpets & Flooring team on 01252 514 649 (Farnborough North Camp) or 01276 462834 (Camberley).