Style guide: selecting stylish vinyl flooring for your home
Not only is it durable and affordable, vinyl flooring is also available in a wonderfully diverse range of designs to suit a whole host of interior styles.
A perfect combination: quality vinyl flooring and expert interior design advice
At Simply Carpets & Flooring we are proud suppliers of vinyl flooring from well-known manufacturers including Amtico, Karndean and Polyflor. Our showroom-based flooring experts, Tania and Melanie, are happy to guide you with friendly and knowledgeable interior advice in order to select the perfect vinyl product for your requirements.
If you need inspiration for your home flooring makeover, then read on – this article explores the different looks which can be achieved with versatile vinyl flooring.
Take inspiration from the beauty of nature with wood-effect vinyl flooring
Simple and timeless, why not add warmth and character to your home with wood-effect vinyl flooring? Vinyl floors which give the convincing appearance of authentic wood are exceptionally popular with our customers and many different styles of home décor can be enhanced with this adaptable product:
- Choose a lighter or greyer palette to complement a Scandinavian kitchen
- Opt for a dark, rich and dramatic tone for a dining room or modern kitchen scheme
- Vinyl flooring which captures rustic wood grain will suit country kitchens, vintage or industrial-style spaces
- Mellow honey-toned wood, such as oak, walnut, maple and antique pine are ideal for contemporary family homes where character and polish is sought for open plan living spaces
Wood-effect vinyl flooring is not only available in standard plank designs but is also supplied in herringbone and grid configurations. It can also be laid with borders for an altogether more ornate and unique look to mimic a parquet floor.
The look of natural stone with vinyl flooring
Sticking with the natural theme, vinyl flooring to replicate the look of travertine, slate, marble and many other types of stone is ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms and hallways.
- Choose a classical marble-look vinyl to add a timeless appeal to bathrooms and kitchens or even bedrooms and hallways
- Bring glamourous yet earthy intensity with glistening mica-layered vinyl flooring
- Add urban chic with cool-toned stone-effect vinyl for a modern yet natural look
Mimic sleek porcelain or ceramic tile or add an abstract design with vinyl flooring
Plain vinyl or products with a sleek and very minimal design are ideal for modern and contemporary rooms. Alternatively, vinyl flooring with patterns, motifs and borders can be used to create visual interest and deliver a distinctive focal point in any room within the home – these products especially lend themselves to larger, open plan spaces as well as to conservatories and entrance halls. There are so many options to choose from, including organic-inspired floral motifs, geometric forms, Victorian deco styles and modern abstract patterns.
From vinyl flooring to laminate, wood and carpet, Simply Carpets & Flooring has everything you need to refresh your floor
Besides our premium vinyl flooring ranges, we also supply carpets, laminate products, solid wood and engineered wood flooring.
Homeowners and tradespeople are invited to visit us in our showrooms at Farnborough North Camp and Camberley, Surrey. Alternatively call and speak to a friendly member of the Simply Carpets & Flooring team on 01252 514 649 (Farnborough North Camp) or 01276 462834 (Camberley).